Registration of company in the UAE in free economic zone Umm Al Quwain – from 2,200 USD
We offer the service of registration of a company in the UAE free economic zone (FEZ) Umm Al Quwain. In this zone, instead of a new company a branch of your already existing company can be registered.
A company can be registered without visiting the UAE by a founder, provided that earlier a founder had visited the UAE and is ready to provide scanned mark in the passport on visiting the UAE (even tourist visiting will be adequate).
A company registered in the free zone Umm Al Quwain will be considered a resident company of the UAE. This allows obtaining resident UAE visas for you, your employees and relatives, and also allows obtaining the UAE Tax Domicile Certificate for a company and for you as a natural person.
Benefits of registration of company in the UAE free zone Umm Al Quwain
The zone Umm Al Quwain was established in 1987. Initially, it was called the “Ahmed Bin Rashid Port and Free Zone”. Later, in 2014, according to the decree of the sovereign of the emirate Umm Al Quwain the zone began to be called “Umm Al Quwain” (UAQ FTZ).
Location of free zone Umm Al Quwain
The free zone Umm Al Quwain is located in the emirate Umm Al Quwain of the UAE (Umm Al Quwain). The distance from the zone to the business center of Dubai makes only 45 km, although covering it without traffic jams is only possible in early morning or after 10 p.m.
The zone Umm Al Quwain provides companies the access to more than two billion potential clients from different countries. These are markets of India, China, Saudi Arabia and other countries.
In the emirate Umm Al Quwain the port “Ahmed Bin Rashid Port”, which is 15 kilometers from the administration of the free zone, is located. Companies of the free zone are given special advantages by this port. Business may also use other ports, airports of the UAE, e.g. the port Jebel Ali located in Dubai, which is approximately 90 km far. The distance to the Sharjah International airport is 30 km, to the Dubai International airport 45 km.
Main benefits of registration of company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
Foreign owners can own a company completely for 100%, i.e. may independently manage a company and obtain profit in full amount.
A company will be considered a resident company of the UAE. This allows obtaining UAE visas for employees of a company and their family members. Therefore, such a company may hire foreign employees and execute visas for them, so that they could arrive and live in the UAE.
The number of visas that can be executed for a company depends on the type of business license and the size of rented premises.
A company registered in FEZ Umm Al Quwain is considered a resident company of the UAE, and such a company may obtain the UAE Tax Domicile Certificate, which allows using benefits of agreements on avoidance of double taxation that the UAE concluded with different countries.
An important advantage of the UAE is absence of taxes on corporate and personal income.
Limitations on withdrawal of capital and profit transfer are also absent.
Along with a company, our specialists may help in opening a bank account in the UAE. When working with such an account, an entrepreneur does not face foreign exchange restrictions, which is important in making global business.
A company may export goods to other countries from the territory of the free zone and import goods from other countries to the territory of the free zone without the need to pay any customs duties.
One company in the zone Umm Al Quwain may have up to 50 shareholders.
A company can be registered and can operate without payment and verification of the stated authorized capital!
To register a company, a director or manager of a company does not have to have UAE resident visa.
Peculiarities of the free zone Umm Al Quwain
The administration of FEZ Umm Al Quwain takes significant efforts to maximum accelerate and simplify the process of company registration. Customers obtain professional support at a decent level on every stage of registration and operation of a company.
The administration aims to establish individual interaction with investors, as it views them as partners.
An important achievement of the free zone is provision of fast registration of a company with least number of procedures and a minimum set of documents, while compromises regarding standards “compliance” are absent.
The cost of office and warehouse rent in FEZ Umm Al Quwain is much lower if compared to other free zones of the UAE. Therefore, entrepreneurs and especially companies of industrial and production sectors may greatly save as on registration, so as on keeping a company.
In general, FEZ Umm Al Quwain provides the most favorable conditions for small and medium businesses. The infrastructure of the zone will also perfectly suit companies that work in high-tech business spheres. Currently, most registrations are made by technological companies. Among these, for example, are back offices, IT companies, and research and development centers. Nevertheless, we should note that very few physical offices are provided, while without a physical office only up to 3 UAE resident visas may be obtained.
In the territory of the free zone, as planned, trade centers, hospital, school, hotel, exhibition hall and conference center are provided.
We help to obtain the UAE tax residency!
Offices, warehouses, land areas for lease when registering a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
For companies registered in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE, offices, warehouses and land areas are offered for lease. Upon approval of the administration, you may build your own object on a land area.
Office areas are offered in two options – starting from the variant “combined workplace” to large separate physical offices. When renting a separate physical office, a company should provide presence of any of its employees in an office 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
The area of warehouses offered for lease starts from 100 square meters. Together with a warehouse an office premise, closet and toilet room are provided. Such warehouses will be good for storing ready products or for light industry purposes. All warehouses are equipped with electricity and water supply.
The area of land offered for lease starts from 2,500 square meters. The term of land lease – 25 years, with a possibility of prolongation. Land areas are equipped with electricity and water supply.
Residential premises for employees are also available for lease.
Peculiarities of company registration in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
Companies and branches registered in the free zone Umm Al Quwain are registered and operate under rules developed by the administration of the free zone.
Types of companies available for registration in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
In the free zone Umm Al Quwain three different types of legal entities can be registered:
- «Free Zone Establishment» (FZE) – company that can have only one owner. This owner can be a natural person or a legal entity.
- «Free Zone Company» (FZC) – company that can have from two to 50 owners. These owners can be natural persons or legal entities.
- Branch – branch of already existing company. This existing parent company can be foreign company or company from the UAE.
Business licenses when registering a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
To perform any type of activity, a company needs to obtain a business license first. For each type of activity a certain business licensee is necessary. One company can have multiple business licenses, e.g. a company may simultaneously hold a service and a commercial business license.
Types of business licenses available during registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE:
- Commercial license (trade license). Commercial license can be of two types:
- Commercial license for trading a certain type of goods. This license allows export, import, distribution and storage of products listed in the business license. A license can be either issued for 10 similar types of products or for 3 different types.
- General trading license. This license allows trading any products that are permitted in FEZ Umm Al Quwain.
- License for consulting services. This license allows provision of professional and expert consultations. Under such a license, two analogical types of activity can be performed.
- License for freelance activity. This license allows a proprietor to work as a freelancer. In this case, business can be made in one’s own name rather than in the name of a company or brand. In general, this license suits people who plan to work in spheres of IT, production of content and media. License for freelance will be perfect for various art personalities. To obtain such a license, recommendations from customers and portfolio are necessary.
- Service license. This license is suitable for certified professionals. The license permits provision of certain types of services in the territory of the free zone. For example, these can be logistic services, courier services, car rent, and tourist and excursion services.
- Manufacturing license. This business license permits import of raw materials, then manufacture/processing/packing of certain products, as well as exporting finished products. The license permits a company importing raw materials with the purpose of manufacturing, processing and/or assembling of certain goods.
Effect of a business license when registering a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
All business licenses are only valid in the territory of the free zone Umm Al Quwain. A company may not use licenses outside the free zone.
Provision of services and selling goods in the UAE outside the free zone should be made by an agent or a distributor with a license from the corresponding bodies of the UAE.
A company may perform only activity stated in a business license. Performing any other activity is strictly forbidden. Penalties are imposed for a breach.
The type of company activity can be changed for another, but performing new activity is only permitted after the administration of the free zone approves the new type of activity and issues a new license.
A business license is valid at least 12 months from the date of issue. To prolong a license, an application for prolongation should be filed, as well as office rental agreement should be prolonged.
A license can be obtained in 1-2 working days.
Opening a bank account for a company registered in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
For a company registered in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE a bank account in the UAE or abroad may be opened.
Requirements to office when registering a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain
Each company in the free zone must have an office in the territory of the free zone; still, to obtain permission for freelance activity a rented office is not required.
To save money, instead of renting a real office in a business center can be rented in the territory of the free zone.
Making business when registering a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
Companies registered in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE can make business as in the territory of the free zone, so as in the inner territory of the UAE or at a global level.
Making business in the inner territory of the UAE
Companies registered in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE, using services of a local trader, can sell their products on the internal market of the UAE. Companies with a service license may provide services in the territory of the free zone to other companies of the UAE.
Making business in the territory FEZ Umm Al Quwain
When transporting cargo to the free zone and back, documents meeting the requirements should be provided.
Goods from other countries, regardless of their origin, may be imported in the free zone without any taxes or customs duties.
Any goods may be exported from the free zone outside countries of GCC, or to other free zones of the UAE, without any taxes or customs duties.
All goods transferred from the free zone to the inner territory of the UAE are considered foreign goods. This applies even in case with local raw materials or products for which taxes had already been paid, before their import to the free zone. During export from the free zone to the inner territory of the UAE, these goods are subject to customs duties.
All goods exported from the territory of the free zone to countries of GCC are subject to customs duties.
Making business on a global level
Companies registered in the UAE in FEZ Umm Al Quwain may do trading on a global level. They may produce goods and store them in a warehouse for re-export. At that, customs duties will not be applied.
For shipping of goods, companies registered in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE may use services of ports and airports of Dubai. To obtain the code for import, a company must be registered in customs office of Dubai. In such a case, proprietors obtain benefits of services from Dubai ports, while expenses on registration and operation of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain will be 2-3 times lower than it would be in the free zone Jebel Ali. Goods offloaded in the port of Dubai should either stay in the port or be imported to the inner territory of the UAE, but with payment of customs duties.
Process of registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
Before registering a company, a type of business for which a license is necessary should be chosen. Our specialists will help you with correct selection of type of business – this is important, as a mistake may result in expenses when buying a new license.
Then, you should define how many UAE resident visas you need. In minimum options, 1 to 3 visas are provided. For more visas, it is necessary to have a large office in the free zone.
A minimum authorize capital of a company is 300,000 dirham (81,750 USD). An amount of an authorize capital must be stated in constitutive documents. Nevertheless, it is possible to register a company and work without payment and verification of an authorized capital.
Cost of registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
Expenses for registration and maintenance of a company consist of three parts:
- Lump-sum payment for reservation of a company name and registration of a company.
- Price of office rent, warehouse or land area.
- Price of a license (paid separately).The price depends on the license type.
|Price of our assistance in registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain||from 2,200 dollars (8,000 dirham)|
|Our extra fee in case of registration of a branch or affiliate company||822 dollars (3,000 dirham)|
|Price of our assistance in reneval prolongation of a company||1,100 dollars (4,000 dirham)|
|Price of our service on making amendments to constitutive documents of a company||1,370 dollars (5,000 dirham)|
|Price of our assistance in termination of a company||from 2,740 dollars (10,000 dirham)|
|Fee for registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE||545 dollars (2,000 dirham)|
|Business license for one type of trade activity (2 visas)||682 dollars (2,500 dirham)|
|General trading license (3 visas)||2,590 dollars (9,500 dirham)|
|Permission for freelance activity||682 dollars (2,500 dirham)|
|Consulting license||682 dollars (2,500 dirham)|
|Address for permission for freelance activity (for 1 year)
(no need in office rent)
|2,460 dollars (9,000 dirham)|
|Minimum office _”combined workplace” (for 1 year)||4,360 dollars (16,000 dirham)|
|Rent of land areas (for 1 sq.m. per year)||from 5,0 dollars (18 dirham)|
Documents required for registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
Documents required for registration of a company in FZE or FZC
- Application for registration of company.
- Color copy of the owner’s (owners) passport and manager of the company.
- Copy of the passport page with mark of entering the UAE (in such a case, arrival to the UAE for registration of a company is not required).
- Example of the signature of the owner and the manager.
- Copy of any other document verifying the personalities of shareholders and the manager (internal passport, ID, etc.).
- Verification of the address of the owner and the manager (for example, this can be statement from bank, utility bills, driver license, etc.).
- Articles of Incorporation (Memorandum) and By-Law. The free zone provides samples of these documents.
- Two color photos on a white background.
If a company is registered by a corporate founder:
- Color copy of the passport of the manager of the parent company.
- Verification of the address of the manager of the parent company (for example, this can be statement from bank, utility bills, driver license, etc.).
- Declaration of end beneficiary owners.
- Articles of Incorporation (Memorandum) and By-Law of the parent company (notarized).
- Certificate of registration of the parent company (notarized).
- Decision of the Board of the parent company on registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE and power of attorney (notarized).
Documents required for registration of a branch
- Application for registration of a branch.
- Color copy of the manager’s passport.
- Declaration of end beneficiary owners.
- Verification of the address of the manager of the company (for example, this can be statement from bank, utility bills, driver license, etc.).
- Color photo of the manager of passport size.
- Articles of Incorporation (Memorandum of association) and By-Law of the parent company (notarized).
- Certificate of registration of the parent company (notarized).
- Licenses of the parent company (notarized).
Corporate documents must be legalized and attested in the embassy of the UAE or in the consulate in the country of registration of the parent company, and then in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the UAE.
Procedure of registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
- First, all documents necessary for registration of a company should be prepared.
- To verify the home address, bank statement providing the address of residence, or recent utility bill, will be enough.
- Then, our specialists will analyze if the type of activity selected by you is allowed for licensing, and if any extra permission is necessary.
- It is necessary to provide three different variants of company name and the general information on its director, manager and owners.
- Then, an office premise within the free zone should be chosen for rent.
- After that, Articles of Incorporation (Memorandum of association) and By-Law should be prepared.
- After submission of the application, the registrar will approve one of company names and will issue the preliminary approval.
- Then, the full cost of the procedure is paid.
Starting the process of company registration in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE
To start the process of registration, please contact us at email@example.com , and our specialists will provide you professional advice on registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE.
After that, you should pay for our services of assistance in registration of a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE. Payment can be made using a bank card, WebMoney or Western Union, or a bank transfer.
Price for our assistance in registration of a company starts from 2,200 dollars.
This sum should be added with fees for registration of a company, for license, cost of rent and any extra services.
Immediately after receiving payment our specialists will start to collect the necessary documents.
Reservation of a company name takes 2 days.
A license will be issued in 3-5 days after submission of all documents.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register a company in FEZ Umm Al Quwain in the UAE right now! We can also help to open a bank account in the UAE!
Tags #Registration of company in the UAE